MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
The International Islamic University Malaysia’s MBA programme was launched in 1995 as a part-time programme and has been well-received by Malaysian executives. Following its success, a full-time MBA programme was introduced to cater for both local and international candidates. Our MBA programme was specially designed to meet the needs of potential managers and executives of globally oriented corporations.
To elevate the curriculum by infusing four common themes or values of strategic thinking, integrity, sustainability and professional skills. These common themes or values represent one of the unique value propositions of the MBA programme. The descriptions of the common themes or values are as follows:
An individual attribute that is able to generate and apply distinctive acumens and spot opportunities to create competitive advantage for an organisation. A strategic thinker focuses on a big picture by integrating operational, tactical and strategic functional areas of an organisation. He or she uses knowledge to transform ideas into action, spur innovation, spot strategic opportunities before making strategic choices and implementing strategy for value creation and sustainability.
Unwavering and consistent adherence to strong ethical principles, values and code of moral conduct that makes an individual trustworthy, incorruptible and demonstrates exemplary character. Attributes of integrity include honesty, respect, accountability, responsibility, keeping promises, reliable, virtuous, sincere, courage and benevolence.
Integrating sustainability in the business operations and strategy to do good (solve issues) to the environment and society in order to do well (make money) in business for the well-being of the current and future generations.
Professional and personal competencies that successful leaders require to appreciate the intricate and uncertain business climate as well as addressing challenges of leading and managing in a rapidly-changing world. Examples of such competencies include commercial acumen, leadership, analytical, evaluation, negotiation, scepticism, problem-solving, teamwork and communication.
These four themes or values will be incorporated not only in the syllabus but also in the programme delivery and assessment components. Together, they represent the core values that we strive to inculcate in our students in their quest to transform and challenge themselves for career advancement into C-suite leadership positions or even switch their career direction.
The four common themes or values and a variety of programme delivery methods will provide an ‘applied learning’ environment to our students. Collectively, we call this approach the IIUM GSM Method, which is a unique value proposition that we offer to our students to gain applied knowledge, enhance their learning experience and satisfaction as well as harnessing their professional skills as required of a corporate or business leader.
Overall, the proposed MBA programme aims to produce graduates who are not only knowledgeable but also have a strategic mind-set, high integrity, a set of key competencies that can contribute to higher business growth and sustainable organisation. This value proposition is also consistent with the Sejahtera Academic Framework (SAF) that aims, among others, to produce students that exemplify Insan Sejahtera
• A recognised Bachelor’s degree with a CGPA of 2.75 (or equivalent) and above from IIUM or any other institutions of higher learning approved by the University IIUM Senate and the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education. A professional qualification which is certified equivalent to a degree under Malaysian laws and approved by the University IIUM Senate may also be considered; OR
• A recognised Bachelor’s degree with a CGPA less than 2.75 (or equivalent) from IIUM or any other institutions of higher learning approved by the University IIUM Senate and the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education, and have at least three (3) years of relevant work experience may be considered, subject to an interview by the IIUM GSM Panel; OR
• A recognised Diploma from institutions of higher learning approved by the University IIUM Senate and the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education, and have at least ten (10) years of relevant work experience may be considered and subject to an interview by the IIUM GSM Panel, 35 years or older and passed the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) assessment (Level 7); AND
• Fulfil the English language requirements.
• For international candidates are required to achieve a minimum score of 6.0 for IELTS, or 550 for TOEFL (PBT), or 213 for TOEFL (CBT), or 169 for Cambridge English Advanced Test, or 50 for Pearson Test of English Academic, or 4.0 for MUET, or 6.0 for the IIUM English Placement Test (EPT). Exemption for meeting this English language requirement is given to candidates with any of the following qualifications:
- Obtain a Bachelor’s degree from any institutions with English language education system; or
- Obtain a Bachelor’s degree from any Malaysian Public University with English as a language of instruction; or
- Obtain a Bachelor’s degree from any Malaysian Private University or College University that are listed in Malaysian Qualifications Register (MQR) with English as a language of instruction.
- Candidates who do not meet any of the above English language requirements may enrol to the IIUM online Intensive Language Course for International Students that will prepare and assist them for the EPT examination prior entry to the IIUM MBA study.
- Core courses - 8 courses (24 credit hours)
- Elective courses - 4 courses (12 credit hours)
- Business Strategy Capstone 1 & Business Strategy Capstone 2 - (6 credit hours)
Core and Elective Courses
- Strategic Leadership in Organisational Behaviour
- Accounting for Strategic Leaders
- Economics for Sustainable Business
- Strategic Marketing
- Sustainable Operations Management and Strategy
- Strategic Finance
- Ethics, Governance and Sustainability in Business
- Strategic Talent Management
- Disruptive Technology in Business
- Big Data Analytics
- Digital Marketing
- Brand Management
- Islamic Finance
- Sejahtera Leadership
- Business Negotiation and Consultancy
DURATION OF STUDY
1 year 4 months (4 Trimester)
2 years 8 months (8 Trimester)
*1 trimester = 4 months
Local fees Full-time: RM 22,500
Local fees Part-time: RM 22,500
International: RM 31,500
For further inquiries, please contact: